29 Oct The Willows Connection 2020
Thank you so much for the wonderful pastor appreciation event this past Sunday at Derby Reach! It was so lovely to see you, we had a great turnout and we really felt so loved by the whole experience! You are all such an important part of an incredible congregation, poised to put down deeper roots and authentically love our community here in Langley. We are incredibly blessed to live and minister among you, thank you for the cards, amazing meal train and many thoughtful expressions of appreciation to be enjoyed by our whole family.
It is “FALL BACK” this Sunday, we turn our clocks back one hour … but don’t worry, you won’t be too early for church! Our Worship & Word Church @ Home video will be available to watch whatever time suits you on Sunday morning, wrapping up Paul’s persuasive letter to Philemon. Click here: The Willows Church Salvation Army on YouTube or see our Facebook Page Link for the video.
We will NOT have our ZOOM church this week, we are taking the opportunity to serve by helping Sarah C. move to a new suite. Message us if you can help, we need extra hands! Bring a mask and we’ll meet up at 9:30am.
(ZOOM Church at 10am will return next week. https://salvationarmycanandber.zoom.us/j/94032958336?pwd=RWhNeEkwWVAzKzNxWktOc3daWUxCUT09 Meeting # 940 3295 8336 Password: Willows)
Sunday School Nov. 1st
See Facebook group for instructions: First Look Lesson Video Preschool Video Link Nov 1
252 Kids Lesson Video Elementary Video Nov 1
Returning NEXT week Nov. 8th – Zoom Sunday School 252Kids class (Grade 1-4) at 9:30am click here for the link: https://salvationarmycanandber.zoom.us/j/94032958336?pwd=RWhNeEkwWVAzKzNxWktOc3daWUxCUT09
XP3 Preteen (Gr. 5-7) – Preteen Nov 1 video
Zoom Class: Monday 7pm “It’s Personal” session – link below
XP3 High School (Gr. 8-12) – High School Nov 1 Video
Zoom Class: Tuesday 7pm New 4 Week session called “Family Matters!” link below
CALLING ALL FAMILIES – it’s time to have FUN:
Friday Oct. 30th 5:30-8pm Halloween Palooza (Kids of all ages!) – receive a map with 6 church members houses plus the Ministry House with station activities to visit and collect candy at each one! Wear your costumes! Pumpkin Carving contest, photo booth, poke a pumpkin, mummy wrap, glow in the dark pumpkin bowling and more … but you must register! – Eventbrite Registration
Willowbuds – Next event is Scheduled for Thursday Nov. 12th Singing in the Rain 10am-12pm (pending any new health regulations)
NEW for SUNDAY SCHOOL FAMILIES: Thursday Nov. 12th Messy Church style event 5:30-7pm at the Fort Langley Lions Hall – register next week and join us for a free pizza dinner, physically distanced seating arranged one family per table. Engage in fun activities based on the monthly Sunday School curriculum right at your table and pick up take-home pieces for the rest of the month. (pending any new health regulations)
NEW Young Adults: email email@example.com Friday Nov. 13th 7-9pm
Weekday Small Groups
- Tuesday evening 8pm Zoom Life Group – The book of Judges, join us for action-packed adventure as we look at some of the all-too-human epic failures and how God alone brings us salvation! Click here: https://salvationarmycanandber.zoom.us/j/91549266451?pwd=TEhXNHdSUVg3NzRUTXdaTU93dU93dz09
- Wednesday mornings Winn Blackman is hosting a weekly zoom study at 10am. Wrapping up the book of Hebrews for 2 more weeks then starting a new Advent series. Click here: https://salvationarmycanandber.zoom.us/j/96133998958?pwd=d3JWRnRWc1BBNmRaY1ByYVkzT1p5QT09
- Thursday evenings 7pm English language Bible Study Gospel of Matthew Click here: https://salvationarmyCANandBER.zoom.us/j/96656542075?pwd=ejZFVWN4OUJNUFN4dTZ2aXZrQXU1dz0
- **NEW: Thursday evenings 8pm Safe Space – a 5 week session for Women. Led by Penny Armstrong, this is a great place for women of all ages to connect and share the realities they are dealing with given covid restrictions, mental and emotional health and faith. Please register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Only 2 spots left – maybe this is the right fit for you!
- Friday mornings The Sanctuary Course 11am-12pm – 3 more weeks exploring mental health and spirituality in the faith community. Click here: https://salvationarmycanandber.zoom.us/j/92432987765?pwd=eG1kZmdBTHRHY0NGcGZwZ1N5WWlmUT09
Don’t forget our KUDO BOARD – add your photo and blurb to catch up with the church family: https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/3Onx9VFG It’s not too late to post a photo and short update, there’s no deadline!
Men’s Ministry – Men’s Breakfast – Saturday November 7th 8am (pending, details TBD next week)
Special Giving Opportunities
- We will be collecting a Home Mission offering in October – specified donations can be dropped off to support a project serving Indigenous Ministry in Northern BC
- There is a “9 Stories of Hope” Salvationist campaign to support the important redevelopment of The Harbourlight Centre in downtown Vancouver. All church members, soldiers, employees and volunteers are encouraged to contribute, forms are available, they can be set for larger pledges over 1 year or more.
Women’s Ministries – Rise Up! will be a livestreamed territorial event for women Saturday November 14th 11am-1pm online. Featuring Cheryl Weber from 100 Huntley St. “Rise up and take courage” Cariboo Hill Temple will be opened for up to 50 women to register and enjoy a watch party together in person. Make a day of it! Arrive at 10:30am to join in with some door prizes. You can bring your own lunch to eat afterward OR choose a wrap or salad lunch meal through Chopped Leaf order in advance by email and pay $15 cash on the day. Use this link: Eventbrite Registration Women’s Ministry
Church Family News:
We are so happy to welcome Noah Matthew Armstrong-Wight to the Willows family – he was born Tuesday Oct. 13th, 8lbs 1 oz. Congratulations Matt, Melissa and Maeve along with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins – Noah you are so loved! A meal train has been set up online. Meal Train for Matt and Mel
Carly Hutton has a surgery date scheduled Nov. 12th and we have set up a meal train online to help provide for her and her family during her recovery Meal Train for Carly and Steve
We received word from the McQuarrie family that Scott’s father passed away early this week. Scott was able to travel to Winnipeg last weekend and be with his dad for a short time before he died. This was an answer to prayer as Covid restrictions presented extra challenges. We extend our sympathy and prayers for the whole family as they journey through the loss and grief in these unusual days, may the Holy Spirit bring comfort and peace in this season.
Grace & Peace,
Pastors Dave & Renee McFadden